Story City's Greater Chamber Connection (GCC)
We have been experiencing some website problems. Please be patient as work to get everything back up and running. Thank you.
Making It All Happen In Story City
The GCC is a non-profit organization committed to civic involvement and economic revitalization.
- Regular office hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm at 524 Broad St., call (515) 733-4214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information: We are your source for information about the community and local events including the local business directory, community calendar and news articles covering recent and upcoming community events.
- Volunteers: We provide numerous opportunities for you to get involved in the community.
- Partners: Support from individuals, community organizations, busnesses and local government are the essentional ingredient in our ability to provide service to the community.
- Entertainment: We administer the local fully functional Antique Carousel.
- GCC administered events: Scandinavian Days, STORY! Celebrating the Art of Storytelling, and many holiday activities.
- Jobs: The GCC website provides a connection between job seekers and potential area employers.
- Downtown: The GCC is a Main Street organization and continually works to maintain a vibrant downtown retail district. Story City has become a destination stop for antique and reviitalized vintage item shoppers during the past two years with the opening of three new downtown shops in addtion to the antique mall adjacent to Interstate 35.
- Business Improvement: We partner with local businesses and the local Economic Development Corporation to encourage a strong business environment.
- Apartments: We administer a set of modern downtown apartments in a historic building.